Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Beauty Mark

I have this mole.
It's a beauty mark actually.
It is near my right eye.
I'm not sure if you have noticed.
I don't mind it so much. It is one of those signature imperfections that adds to my quirky cuteness, (when I don't look gross.) It is to me, as Jewel's snaggle tooth is to her, or Tina Fey's scar.
I think.
I haven't always had this mole, beauty mark, I mean. It is not in any baby pictures. Pictures of my childhood are a little grainy and I can't tell for sure.
It would make sense if it came about sometime during adolescence; hormones pinging off every cell in my body.
I'm not sure what to do about it, though. I don't mind it and it minds its own business. But I wonder if it will turn on me some day, kill me even. I admire it suspiciously from the corner of my eye.
Waiting.
It is just there.
I'm not sure if you have noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment