Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fatty Fatty Fat Fat

I'm not fishing for compliments. I'm seriously over weight. I have tried LOTS of diets. Counting Calories, Body for Life, the All Veggie Diet (pew), and Atkins.

The one that works for me is Atkins. Before I got married, I bought a dress and went on Atkins. I did yoga once a week and rode the stationary bike for 30 - 45 minutes once a week. I lost 30 lbs. I had to buy a new dress.

So I looked pretty good at my wedding. Wore a tankini on my honeymoom. I gained about 10 lbs back. Still 20 lbs down. Pfew. Then, I got pregnant. I ate EVERYTHING. I gained 60 lbs. Yikes. We got invited to Mexico and I decided to lose some of that baby weight. I made it back to about my pre pregnancy, post honey moon, November weight. I had another baby. Blew up. Shrunk back down a bit. Right now, I fluxuate between 15 and 20 lbs of my wedding weight.
I took up running, but found I get SO hungry, that I eat back any calories that I burn.

So I decided to try the low carb thing again.

As soon as I met my husband, my life became very food centric. I never had a problem controlling my weight before. I know part of that was having a 20 year old's metabolism. But the fact is, I have become obsessive with food. Sometimes I eat and eat and eat. I have had bouts with bulimia.

I HATE the way my body looks. I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself, And honestly the number of pounds I weigh is just a gauge. I truly am more interested in my health than my weight, but for some damn reason, doing the 'eat right and exercise' thing just doesn't work for me.

I need an obsessive approach to get results.

So Atkins it is.

I started a blog, its a food journal really, to record my progress. So you can follow me if you want to. http://carvingmeout.blogspot.com/ In the mean time, I totally splurged on breakfast. But I don't plan on sausage and bacon every day. I really just want to eat lean meat and veggies, get back to running and lose 30lbs in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment